Calvin Scott holds a PhD in Literary Studies from the Ludwig-Maximilians-University, Munich, as well as further tertiary qualifications in German and French (Master of Arts, Friedrich-Alexander-University, Erlangen-Nuremberg) and Public Policy (Master of Public Policy, Victoria University, Wellington, New Zealand). He has gained considerable working experience as a translator and teacher, specialising in the following fields:
- Translation and administration of legal documents, issue papers, academic papers, general business correspondence and CVs
- Translation of press releases, speeches and other PR material
- Translation of exhibition catalogues and programme notes
- Editing and correcting
- General English language training from beginners to advanced
- Responding to enquiries relating to aspects of language and appropriate writing style.
Calvin has worked as a translator for the Department of Internal Affairs (Wellington, New Zealand), Andersen Legal (Amsterdam, The Netherlands), and Allianz Versicherungs-AG (Munich, Germany). He is a member of the New Zealand Society of Translators and Interpreters: http://www.nzsti.org